40th Global Purpose Challenge
Make a positive impact on the world and your life by participating in this Purpose Challenge.
The recent announcement of the 40th Global Purpose Challenge, a non-profit initiative, will give people, startups and organisations from around the world the opportunity to collaborate over the next few weeks with the aim of generating new initiatives to improve the world by addressing the biggest challenges facing humanity.
The initiative will be conducted by Purpose Alliance, a global ecosystem focused on empowering individuals and organisations to create a positive impact. It has important partner organisations such as Cuerva, Greenpeace, HP, Boston Scientific, Siemens and Pfizer, among others. Purpose Alliance was established in March 2020 when its founder, Francisco Palao, decided to organise the first Purpose Challenge in response to COVID. That Challenge involved more than 350 participants and created 20 innovative solutions to help combat the pandemic. Since then, Purpose Alliance has conducted 39 Purpose Challenges to generate solutions for various kinds of challenge (health, education, employment, climate change, etc.).
This new Purpose Challenge, number forty, has just been launched to celebrate the third anniversary of Purpose Alliance. It is open to individuals and startups from around the world to create new initiatives or improve existing projects that aim to create a positive impact in line with the United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The 40th Global Purpose Challenge will take place over the next few weeks according to the following schedule:
- Applications and training: all people and start-ups will be able to apply to participate after announcement of the Challenge on 1 February. Participants who register will be granted access to the Purpose Launchpad training that they must complete to be able to take part in the event itself.
- Welcome Session: on 1 March an online welcome session will be held to guide the participants on how the Purpose Challenge will be conducted over the following weeks.
- Inspirational keynotes: there will be a series of inspirational talks from 6 to 10 March by recognised speakers and Allies who will give 15-minute keynote speeches to participants. This part of the Challenge will be open not only to participants but also to other people who want to join and be inspiration to create a better world.
- Initiative generation: from 13 to 19 March the participants will attend sessions in groups (some composed of people, startups, or groups formed by the Allies) to work with the Purpose Launchpad mentors to generate new purpose-driven initiatives or develop existing ones.
- Initiative Presentations: the teams and startups will present their initiatives to create a better world on 21 and 22 March. A panel of international advisors and the Purpose Alliance itself will provide feedback to the teams.
- Closing Session: the Closing Session on 27 March will summarise everything that happened during the Purpose Challenge and certain initiatives that could receive additional support by the Allies will be given special mention.
A prize of 3,000 euros will be awarded to most promising initiative to support its development and there will be other prizes and support from the Allies for other outstanding initiatives. The startups that take part in the Purpose Challenge will also be granted free access to Purpose Evolver to continue developing their initiatives with the help of a Purpose Launchpad mentor.
An unforgettable experience.
- Participants will learn a new way of thinking to generate impactful initiatives and develop them through the Purpose Launchpad method.
- They will meet extraordinary people of different nationalities, ages and backgrounds (students, teachers, executives, etc.).
- They will have the opportunity to develop their ideas and projects alongside an incredible community of purpose-driven people.
- They will develop the way they think, their view of the world and, above all, they will empower their personal purposes to create a positive impact on the world.
"Participating in the challenge was an enriching, fun-filled experience that opened my mind," said Mayank Pandya after taking part in the first Purpose Alliance challenge. “It showed me global solidarity, more united than ever, and that you don't need to be an expert to improve the world”.
People from all over the world can participate in the event free of charge either as individuals or as startups. Registrations for the challenge are open until24 February at the following link: https://purposealliance.org/community/creating-a-better-world-purpose-challenge/
For further information please contact: Andrea Llong, Director of Operations and Challenges: email@example.com